30 November – 2 December 2012
Popular Culture in Turkic Asia and Afghanistan: Performance and Belief
International Symposium Popular Culture in Turkic Asia and Afghanistan: Performance and Belief was held by the Faculty of Asian and Middle Eastern Countries, University of Cambridge, UK, on 30th Nov – 2nd Dec 2012. Dr.Alla Bayramova, director of the State Museum of Musical Culture of Azerbaijan participated with her paper Traditional Azerbaijani Music: Some Peculiarities of Modern Interpretation.
The State Museum of Azerbaijan Musical Culture was chosen for a long-term cooperation (to 2009) by the ALAS/Samp intercontinental museum network which is one of the organizations belonging to the Committee of the International Council of Museums attached to UNESCO. ALAS/Samp has united museums of Asian, Latin/Central American, African countries and Sweden. The museums included in this organization participate in ALAS/Samp workshops, trainings and projects on topics related to the different fields of museum activities:
- October, 2003 - Mumbay, India
- 22-29 Aprel, 2005 - Barbados, workshop
- 31 July-7 August, 2005 - Azerbaijan (in the State Museum of Azerbaijan Musical Culture). The museum representatives from 10 countries (Sweden, Costa Rica, India, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, Barbados, Botswana, Dominican Republic, Chili) participated in the workshop "Network management and communications in projects"
- 1-6 May, 2006 - Costa Rica, workshop
- 23-26 August, 2006 - Costa Rica, supervision.