The main permanent exposition of the Museum representing the history of Azerbaijan music and expositions in its branches are arranged in accordance with the certain subjects and in chronological order.
The subjects of the exposition are as follows:
- musical instruments of the past (originals and copies)
- traditional musical instruments and musicians; audio records of the late 19th-early 20th c.
- penetration of European musical instruments in the late 19th-early 20th c.
- origins and development of the national professional composer's music
- music education and origins of the ethnomusicology
- opera, ballet, symphony
- traditional music performers, musical groups, ensembles and bands
- popular Azerbaijan compositions and songs, jazz and jazz-mugham
- non-Azerbaijani musical instruments (traditional and orchestral)
- the state and music
Total there are presented 382 exhibits in the main museum building
(5, R.Behbudov street, AZ1000, Baku, Azerbaijan).
To see short comments on exhibition click here